LEMONHi everyone, this is my second article under the title WONDER FOODS , i am confident everyone who reads this article will definitely obtain lots of benefit. This article is strictly about lemons, there uses and properties. So go ahead read further..................
SOME JUICY FACTS !!!!
1. Lemon is an extraordinary fruit with miraculous properties.
2. Lemon contains 5% citric acid and has a pH of 2-3.
3. It can be used as a natural bleaching agent on the skin.
4. Lemon has several anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties and aids in detoxification of the body.
5. Helps in the regulation of the digestive system.
6. Lemons are highly enriched with Vitamin C that increases immunity and keeps gums healthy.
7. The natural AHA- (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) present in lemon juice reduces the appearance of acne scars, blemishes and improves skin tone remarkably.
8. Lemon juice is favorable for all skin types.
Well you will get to know that once you in cooperate lemon into your daily routine. Utilizing lemon regularly will not only enhance your natural good looks but will also provide a boost to your immune system.
- To loose weight-
Squeeze 1/2 lemon in a glass of warm water along with a tea spoon of honey and drink daily in the morning and night. Doing so will combat cardio vascular diseases, obesity and cellulite.
- Lemon as natural exfoliant-
1. Cut a lemon and dip it in little sugar. Now rub the lemon onto your skin in gentle circular motions for few minutes. Rinse and pat dry. This removes dead skin cells.
2. For a strong and powerful peel type exfoliant blend some pumpkin or carrot puree with lemon juice. Apply on face and neck leaving for about 10-15 mins. Rinse and pt dry. This is remedy will give you superb results.
- Using Lemon to brighten and lighten skin-
Apply lemon juice to your skin and leave it for 10-mins then rinse. Do this on daily basis to achieve radiant looking skin.
- Lightening your hair-
Put on a coat of 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice on your hair and sit in sunshine for at least 1 hour. Rinse normally.
- Lighten pigmentation , blemishes and acne marks-
Apply lemon juice directly on the spots and leave it overnight. Wash in the morning. Do this every night and you will see marks and spots vanishing.
- Lemon juice for curing dandruff-
Apply lemon juice mixed with equal quantity of olive oil on your scalp and leave it for about 20-30 mins then shampoo your hair as usual. Do this thrice in a week.
- To get rid of blackheads-
Rub lemon juice on the area with blackheads every night before retiring to bed and rinse in the morning. Do this every night until blackheads disappear.
- Giving hair beautiful shine-
Rinse your hair with a quarter cup of lemon juice mixed with a cup of water. This mixture removes the build up residue from shampoo and other hair care products and imparts healthy shine to the hair.
There is a huge list of remedies from which I selected these, i have tried many of the above remedies and experienced considerable improvement in my skin tone. Do tell me your experiences with this wonderful fruit and if you have any remedies related to lemons please feel free to post them. I will be delighted to hear from you!!