Hi, i am back with another magnificent, nutritious and tempting fruit with plenty benefits. This fruit is a close relative of the tomatillo and part of the nightshade family. Besides Cape gooseberry, it's also occasionally called as Husk Berry and called as Poha Berry in Hawaii.However, this fruit can be harmful or even poisonous if consumed unripe.
I found Cape Gooseberry in Pune while shopping at MG Road. I tasted this fruit last year in Mahabaleshwar and had no idea whether these lovely berries would be available here in Pune. Although, i have relished Cape Gooseberry Jam a number of times but i assure you there is nothing like the fresh ones.
Cape Gooseberries are loaded with Vitamins A C and B- Complex namely ( Thiamine, Niacin and Vitamin B12) and several minerals Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron and is abundant in Potassium.
1. Cape Gooseberries are good anti-oxidants.
2. Being a yellow fruit ,like other Yellow and Orange colored fruits are good for heart, Vision and even helps in certain types of cancers.
3. Boosts immunity system.
4. Cape Gooseberries contains generous amount of Potassium which helps in maintaining blood pressure levels.
HOW CAN WE USE CAPE GOOSEBERRIES TO MAKE OUR LIVES FLAVORSOME?
- Cape Gooseberries are commonly used in making Jams, Jellies, Sauces etc.
- Cape Gooseberries when dipped in melted chocolate taste amazing and can be served as dessert.
- They can be used in several exotic salads as well.
- Eating Cape Gooseberries regularly will make you feel and look younger as this fruit is packed with anti-oxidants.
Cape Gooseberries are totally amazing and you are gonna love it!!!